Videos for the Public
To better educate the public on eating disorders, the AED provides a list of helpful videos available on a variety of topics.
(See Posting Procedures.)
Parents tend to feel guilty, blamed and ashamed when their child is diagnosed with anorexia, bulimia or other eating disorders. Laura Collins, author of "Eating With Your Anorexic," and publisher of online forum "Around the Dinner Table," produced this short film to educate the public on the role of parents in the development of child and adolescent eating disorders. The film features excerpts from interviews she conducted with experts attending the AED 2007 International Conference on Eating Disorders in Baltimore.
Jane Cawley of www.maudsleyparents.org created the following videos to provide information to families and the general public about current research-based understandings of eating disorders. These videos feature AED members Walter Kaye, MD, FAED University of California San Diego and Cynthia Bulik, PhD, FAED, Univeristy of North Carolina at Chapel Hill and AED Past President.
Fighting Stigma with Science (12:54)
Eating Disorders in Adolescents (27:25)
1. Video material must focus on aspects related to the mission of AED and must have clear teaching goals posted on the title page.
2. Video material must post a disclaimer or supply information if outside sources funded the creation of the material.
3. Video material cannot support commercial products.
4. Only AED members can post video materials.
1. AED members will submit video and accompanying materials to AED headquarters or the Website Committee for review.
2. All video material must be approved by the Website Committee.
3. Following approval, the video will be posted on the appropriate page of the AED website by the AED Webmaster.
4. An announcement about the addition of new video on the Web page will be e-mailed to all members by AED headquarters.
5. Material will be periodically reviewed by the Website Committee to ensure currency.