Inpatient/Residential Treatment for Eating Disorders Special Interest Group
The lack of evidence-based treatment studies and economic issues have created significant difficulties for inpatient/residential treatment programs. The goal of this SIG is to create a forum for professionals working in these settings to discuss the variety of challenges they are facing.
Issues of interest could include:
- Techniques and acceptable rates of weight restoration
- Establishing more precise methods for establishing target weights, estimating length of stay
- Accomplishing family therapy for "out of area" families
- Program designs
- Recruiting and retaining staff with expertise in eating disorders
- Designing and implementing outcome studies
The exchange of information would hopefully improve the overall quality of care for more severely disturbed patients and contribute to the AED's efforts to establish guidelines for intensive treatment programs.
Craig Johnson, PhD, Chair
Stephanie Setliff, MD, CoChair