Clinician Scholarship Program
Application Deadline: November 1, 2010
The Clinician Scholarship Program allows recipients to gain new knowledge and skills in the field of eating disorders and share this knowledge and experience with their respective communities. The AED clinician scholarship program helps defray ICED costs for clinicians and educators who otherwise might not be able to afford conference fees.
Applicants must be AED members, or a membership application must be
submitted with the scholarship application.
Scholarships of up to $1,250 will be awarded to defray the costs of conference fees, travel, and hotel accommodations for the 2011 ICED to be held in Miami, Florida, USA, April 28 - 30, 2011. This year’s scholarships have been made possible by generous donations of those who contributed to the AED Scholarship Fund.
In accordance with the goals of the program, the applicant's work environment and ability to disseminate information obtained at the meeting will be strongly considered. Preference will be given to members early in their careers, those from underrepresented groups, and those who are working in developing areas. As the intent of the scholarship is to provide both educational opportunities and opportunities to meet and establish contacts with other clinicians, educators and researchers, applicants are strongly encouraged to register for workshops and to attend all the social events during the conference.
Recipients will be informed prior to the meeting, and award checks will be issued before traveling to the conference. Applicants must ensure that there is a source of funding for the costs that are not covered by the scholarship.
Preference will be given to applicants who have not previously
received the clinician scholarship.
Applicants should submit the following materials:
- Common application – Click here to download this application. This is a general application form for all AED scholarship applications. Please complete both this general form and the Clinician scholarship application form for the AED scholarship that you are applying for.
- Clinician scholarship application - Click here to download application requirements.
- Personal Statement: In 500 words or less, tell us about yourself, your interests and your current work in eating disorders, including a description of the community in which you practice and your goals for attending the conference. Please include a detailed and specific plan for dissemination of the knowledge/skills gained at the conference. NOTE: This plan will play a large role in our selection of scholarship recipients. Also, tell us about any special or unusual circumstances that you would like us to consider.
- Curriculum vitae (all academic degrees, appointments/employment history, teaching activities, community activities, references for any publications or presentations at scientific meetings)
- Two letters of recommendation from professional associates.
- Letter indicating that there is a source of funding for the costs that are not covered by the scholarship.
- Applicant must be an AED member in good standing by November 1, 2010.
All application materials should be sent electronically to the AED Headquarters at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than November 1, 2010.
Contact AED Headquarters:
Phone: +1-847-498-4274, ask for extension 265 or 229