AED Membership Categories
Download a Membership Application and a Dues Rate Table.
- Regular Members
- Introductory Members
- New Professional Members
- Student Members
- Post-Bac Members
- Lifetime Members
- Patient Carer
- Hold an advanced degree, meeting the degree requirements in their field
- Are trained and have experience in the field of eating disorders
- Are individual, professional or lay people interested in the field of eating disorders
- Are involved in public or professional activities related to eating disorders organizations or the field of eating disorders
- One year reduced rate to new members of AED
- Those returning to AED after a hiatus of five years or longer.
- Includes Journal Subscription
- The New Professionals category is designed to keep members who move from student membership to regular membership as a "career ladder" approach to membership.
- Must have been an AED student member within the last two years.
- Allows members to get a discount for two years.
- May utilize the Introductory Rate discount for one year OR the New Professional Rate for two years, not both.
- Includes Journal Subscription
- This category is only for members who are currently in a degree granting academic or a formalized training program (this includes, but is not limited to undergraduate/tertiary and graduate educations, postsecondary education, fellowships, internships, residencies and medical registrars).
- Members who have achieved the terminal degree in their field and are not in a formalized training program recognized in their field are not eligible for student status (this includes members who are studying for licensure in their field or working toward additional certification that is not part of a degree-granting requirement).
- The Academy reserves the right to make final determination on eligibility for this status.
- This member type does not receive a listing in the membership directory.
- For individuals who are between undergraduate and graduate school (currently not in a degree granting program). Restricted to a maximum of three years.
- Designed to be affordable for non-professionals, the cost is $75 for North American and World Bank designated high-income countries. Please refer to the dues table for the cost for additional countries.
Lifetime membership will be considered for current AED members who meet the following criteria:
- The member is no longer gainfully employed (no paid employment) and
- The member’s minimum age is 65 and
- Belonged to the Academy for the last 10 years or who are Founding or Charter members
- Members may be nominated by the Membership Committee or by a Board member; membership subject to Board approval
- Member has the option to subscribe to the IJED for an additional cost
This membership is for patients, carers, and other non-professionals who have no professional affiliation with eating disorder research or treatment. With this membership, the option to purchase the print and online journal, IJED, for $65 or to decline it is available. Eating disorder professionals would not be eligible for this membership category.
- This page maintained by: Membership Recruitment/Retention Committee
- Last Updated: 04 January 2017