Female Participants Wanted! Self-Perception Study
You are invited to take part in an online self-perception study. We hope to learn what psychological factors, including problems with eating and body image concerns, may influence how flexible self-perception is.
What will I be asked to do?
Should you agree to participate, you will be asked to complete three online components:
Phase 1). A short 5-10-minute pre-screening survey to assess your eligibility, where you will be asked to:
• Complete an online questionnaire assessing your current eating behaviours.
IF you meet our eligibility criteria, you will then be invited to complete:
Phase 2). An online experiment via Zoom, where you will be asked to:
• Complete an online questionnaire
• Pose for a neutral photograph that only our research team will see
• Complete some online experimental tasks which assess self-perception (this will involve looking at a picture of your face, viewing a video of another person's face with various expressions and mimicking such facial expressions when instructed)
• The time needed to complete this is not expected to exceed 2-hours.
Phase 3). A clinical interview via Zoom, where you will be asked to:
• Respond to questions assessing your current eating behaviours.
• The time needed to complete this is not expected to exceed 1-hour.
The overall time commitment for the entire study is not expected to exceed 3 hours 10 minutes.
Requirements for participation:
• You are female
• You are aged 18 years or over
• You are of Caucasian, South-Eastern Asian or Eastern Asian ethnicity
What are the possible benefits?
The information gathered from this research will contribute to the literature on the effects of self-perception on eating patterns and body image.
Based upon which phase/s of the study you are eligible for, you will receive ONE of three forms of compensation:
How can I participate?
Please click this link to complete Phase 1:
For further information, please do not hesitate to contact me directly (Jade Portingale: email@example.com)
11130 Sunrise Valley DriveSuite 350Reston, VA 20191 USAPhone: firstname.lastname@example.org
Academy for Eating Disorders