Workshop D Concurrent Discussions/Activities
How to read and write a research article and not die for it
Emilio J. Compte, Ph.D.
Comenzar de Nuevo A.C.
Co-Author: Eva Trujillo, Comenzar de Nuevo A.C.
- Understand the logic and the structure of a research paper.
- Know what to write/expect in every part of every section.
- Identify the qualities that make a research report effective.
The Future of Eating Disorder Treatment in a Virtual World: Data-Informed Ethical Care COVID and Beyond
Deborah Michel, PhD, Clinical Psychology
Eating Recovery Center/ Pathlight
Co-Author: Casey Tallent, Eating Recovery Center/Pathlight
- Participants will be able to list three barriers to eating disorders treatment during the COVID-19 Pandemic.
- Identify ethical issues in the delivery of telebehavioral health care services for eating disorders.
- List three benefits of telebehavioral health treatment for eating disorders.
‘Atypical Anorexia’ or ‘Weight-Stigmatised Anorexia’
Audrey Raffelt, BA (Hons) MPsych (Clin)
Centre for Integrative Health
Co-Authors: Kiera Buchanan, Centre for Integrative Health; Nga Tran, Centre for Integrative Health
- Recognise weight bias, and the associated risks, in the assessment and treatment of eating disorders in their own clinical settings.
- Understand the importance of full weight restoration for clients in bigger bodies.
- Adapt their clinical practice to achieve better outcomes for clients with Anorexia in bigger bodies.
How to make social media safe for your adolescent in a pandemic: the role of tech companies and eating disorder experts using social networks to raise awareness in Latin America
Dra. Eva Trujillo, FAED, CEDS, FAAP, Fiaedp
Commenzar de Nuevo
Co-Authors: Paulina González, Commenzar de Nuevo; Linda Ramos, Commenzar de Nuevo; Gabriel Recalde; Patricia Gipsztejn Jacobsohn; Muriel H. Depin
- Understand the concepts of body image and body dissatisfaction and their relationship with social media and the pressure for the ideal figure.
- Discuss challenges and present how social media companies address this issue and how eating disorders experts are using social media to raise awareness and provide resources.
- How to teach adolescents tools to make their social networks safer.
Multidisciplinary online intervention in patients with binge eating disorder
Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México
Co-Author: Rosalia Vazquez Arevalo, Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México
- To know how to evaluate BED.
- To know a new treatment for BED.
- To know different psychological approaches for BED.
Construct validity of the Acceptance and Action Questionnaire, revised weight, (AAQW-R) CAAP-R in a sample of Mexican students (preliminary study)
Julieta Velez, PsyD, CEDS-S
Universidad Anahuac de Puebla S.C. - Neandi Centro de Especialidades Psicológicas
Co-Author: Rodrigo León
- Participants will be able to know the bases of Acceptance and Commitment Therapy and use the CAAP-R as a measurement instrument derived from ACT.
- Participants will be able to know the psychometric qualities (validity and reliability) of the version of the CAAP-R adapted in Mexico.
- Participants will be able to use the CAAP-R in the Mexican samples.