Experts by Experience Representative Scholarship
AED will grant up to five (5) travel scholarships annually for $1,500 each to individuals from the Experts by Experience community to attend the International Conference on Eating Disorders (ICED).
- Must be a current Experts by Experience member of AED, or a completed membership application must accompany scholarship application materials.
- Demonstrated activity in terms of eating disorder advocacy, education, and/or outreach in the Experts by Experience community.
- Ability to translate and transfer knowledge gleaned from conference participation to their regional or online Experts by Experience community.
- Demonstrated need for financial support and/or lack of other sources of support to fund conference attendance.
- Individuals who have received this award more than once, or in the prior year are not eligible.
- Applications are accepted in the fourth quarter annually.
- Personal Statement: In 800 words or less, tell us about yourself, including your interests and current work in the field of eating disorders, the funding issues that make your travel to the annual conference difficult, and a clear description of how you plan to share the knowledge and skills learned at the conference with the Experts by Experience eating disorder community in your home region.
- Curriculum Vitae: Please include a current curriculum vitae including academic degrees, appointments, recent employment history, teaching activities, community activities, references for any publications or presentations at eating disorders conferences, meetings, or seminars.
- Letters of Recommendation: Please include two letters of recommendation from associates, co-workers, or others who can speak to your activities in the field of eating disorders.
Application Review Process:
- Applications will be reviewed by the Experts by Experience Committee.
- All applicants will be notified of the results no later than 45 days after the application process closes.